Yarny Shows and plans
Hello!
A few weeks back we ventured to a couple of Yarn Shows! We being myself, mum, dad and auntie and they were lovely. We usually go to Yarndale and have been going for years, but sadly after last years debacle with it getting more and more busy and hardly any parking at all, we decided to go a couple of smaller shows this year and they were perfect!
Buxton Wool Gathering ~ Buxton Pavilion ~ 16th - 17th May
First on the list was Buxton Wool Gathering, which we've never been too before and it was wonderful! All four of us went, got parked quite well and then we went for a bun and coffee and we'd arrived a bit too early, but then we were let free and loose around about 10am.
Whilst I didn't take any photo's, I did take some of the Yarn that I got, which is the most important thing! I'd managed to save up throughout the past couple of months before we went so I did have a budget for once (Something that is new to me but loving it!)
I bought myself 4 yarns, 2 colour ways from Ducky Darlings, which is one of my fave indie dyers. I'm planning to make the Weekend Away shawl by Lamb & Kid - I'll post all links below! Both Dad and Bev (Aunt) also bought me a little stitch marker each which we're both Tortoises! (We have a little 8 year old Tort named Percy)
We finished with some lunch and and watched the Brass Band play before there was torrential downpour and we all had to huddle inside the Pavilion. All in all it was a lovely day and I'll certainly be going back next year!
Wool Monty ~ Magna Science Park ~ 6th - 7th June
The next show we went to was the Wool Monty at the Magna Science Park in Rotherham, not too far from home either so bonus! We didn't plan for this one, it was on a spur of the moment and only Dad and I went, which was so nice to spend some quality time together.
We arrived at 1:30pm, parking was a bit full but we managed to find a spot and it was busy! We came the year before and the lighting was unfortunately quite dark and you couldn't see much. However! They have taken on board everyones suggestions and the lighting was much better! You got a little rubber wrist band this year which was lovely, and also a big show guide with about 4 free patterns in which was nice!
The layout itself was the same as the year before but there's loads of space in between, and with 60+ vendors you're bound to find something! We had a look around first to get a scope of the place and what we wanted to get, by this point Dad had already got quite a few things haha.
We then stopped off for a drink and slice of cake each (They had vegan whoopee! it was delicious) and then we mooched around some more and picked up what we had seen. I saw some amazing Stardew Valley themed yarn and I couldn't stop thinking about it all the way round, so naturally I had to go back and get it!
Eeeek look how amazing it is! There's 10 20g mini's, so I'm thinking on doing some striped socks maybe? Or I might change my mind later, who knows! But they're all so gorgeous and named after certain characters/events/places in the game. Oooh I could start a new save whilst knitting up! The possibilities are endless!!
The green yarn pictured above is 100% wool in this lovely grass shade in DK weight, which I got for Sam. The vendor was lovely and said that it knit up to make some perfect walking socks, so that's my plan for those too! Dad also got me the most lovelies little surprise, which was a big skein of one of the Stardew colour ways and I absolutely adore it, they will make up for some very special socks indeed! The colour way is Midnight Market.
All in all it was a pretty good little haul this year! Come next year I want to be able to say that I've finished most of these projects, but we'll see! Though this page is a place for me to crack on with things and to make sure I get all the projects finished!
Available Links mentioned:
Ducky Darlings Yarn - Yarn bought from Wool Gathering
Chromatic Yarns - Stardew Valley Yarn
Catlow Yarns - Green Yarn
Comments
Post a Comment